The overall goal of USAID’s Effective Governance Program, implemented by Development Alternatives, Inc.
(DAI), is to build more effective and competent public institutions that are accountable to the public and respond to citizens’ needs. The program aims to improve mechanisms of service provision; strengthen legal and policy formulation processes; enhance the performance of targeted Palestinian Authority (PA) institutions; and bolster accountability and oversight mechanisms.
DAI is seeking to hire a number of competent candidates to join the project’s team:
Training Coordinator. The coordinator should have proven practical experience in managing all of the logistical and administrative work required to organize and implement all training related activities implemented by the project.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring travel arrangements for trainers and participants, managing catering, coordinating training vendors, scheduling and maintaining a training calendar, and gathering and analyzing course evaluation and attendance data. He /She must ensure that training facilities, training materials and equipment are in place and ready for use.
Because of the heavy interaction with participants and vendors, the ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, process-focused, creative thinker who can adapt to multi-tasks; he / she needs strong communication and customer service skills to modify training tactics mid-stream to adjust to various situations and audiences. The Coordinator will report directly to the Training Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Training Coordinator include, but are not
• Ensures the smooth and effective functioning of training related activities.
• Researches and prepares training materials such as case studies, worksheet handouts, presentations and other materials as required by each individual training program.
• Provides on-site logistical and administrative support at training events as directed by the Training Manager and within a pre-set budget for each event.
• Secures and manages training locations, including event space, catering, etc.
• Answers ongoing project based communications inquiries on training requirements.
• Creates and organizes training materials, timelines and work plans for each event, including participant binders, handouts, and name tags; tracks participant RSVP forms and keeps other databases as needed for different training programs, etc. as directed by the Training Manager.
• Summarizes training evaluation reports and provides outcomes to Training Manager.
• Maintains and updates hard files and electronic files pertaining to training programs and clients.
• Manages and updates database of experts to be used in training programs.
• Tracks coaching and technical assistance requests and activities for each training program.
• Assists in utilizing adult learning principles and methodologies to facilitate training sessions that stimulate, motivate, and engage participants.
• Assists in designing operational tools and implements methods to monitor program performance, demonstrating sensitivity to customer needs, expectations, and satisfaction.
• Confers with the Training Manager on policy matters and work problems; interprets policies and procedures and explains their application within the
context of training.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field,
• Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time office experience in event management, event logistics, or an equivalent combination of experience and education in a related field.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Effective use of technology and PC skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to operate other related training aids is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Fluency in English and Arabic - written and oral.
Interested candidates must submit their CV and letter of interest by Wednesday, June 26, 2013, at RecruitmentEGP@dai.com. Please use the subject of your email to identify the position you are applying for.